(Don’t forget to contribute to our Patreon campaign or join us on the Radio Free Covenant Discord server! Don’t forget to tune in to the Radio Free Covenant podcast every Saturday at 4 p.m. Eastern (1 p.m. Pacific) on our Twitch page and get a summary of the game rules!)
Featured Image Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech
We’ve finished the Fighting chapter for Covenant’s playtest rules! Find out more below the fold.
This is the chapter in which the players will probably spend most of their time, which is not what we want. We want fighting to be just one way that players have to resolve scenes. It’s not a pacifist game, but it’s also not supposed to be a game just about fighting.
Here’s some of the neat stuff you’ll find in this chapter:
- Attacking and Defending: How to attack other characters and defend against attacks
- Gaining an Edge: How to use tactics to gain an edge on your opponents
- Using Maneuvers: How you can maneuver your character to protect xir and make xir more effective, especially in a semi-theatre-of-the-mind game like Covenant
- Fortifying: How to fortify areas and make barriers, barricades, temporary bunkers, and more
- Controlling Other Characters’ Movement: How to push characters into other areas, block them from entering areas, and restrain them
There are a couple chapters that came after that, but we already wrote those, so we’re jumping straight to the Finding Information chapter. This chapter will have rules on how to discover hidden items and characters and discover clues and other information.
That’s about it for now. Talk to you next week!