(Don’t forget to contribute to our Patreon campaign or join us on the Radio Free Covenant Discord server! Don’t forget to tune in to the Radio Free Covenant podcast every Saturday at 4 p.m. Eastern (1 p.m. Pacific) on our Twitch page and get a summary of the game rules!)
Featured Image Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech
We’re almost done editing Covenant’s playtest rules! Read on to find out more.
Here’s what we want to talk about this week:
- The work that we did this week
- Our progress on Covenant’s playtest rules
- How to become a playtester
WHAT WE DID THIS WEEK
We edited two appendices and started a third this week. They were:
- Appendix A, Designing Items: Rules for designing custom weapons, armor, and miscellaneous “gear”
- Appendix B, Predesigned Items: Predesigned weapons, armor, and gear for new players, so they don’t have to worry about designing anything until they’re more comfortable with the rules
- Appendix C, Traits: An alphabetical list of character traits that can be used for bids
OUR PROGRESS ON COVENANT’S PLAYTEST RULES
The last time we talked to you, we’d edited a total of 329 pages. We extended that to 447 pages today.
If we work through the weekend, then we will probably finish editing the playtest rules before Monday – certainly before the end of next week. That includes:
- Appendix D, Abilities: An alphabetical list of character abilities
- Appendix E, Abilities: An alphabetical list of conditions that can affect characters and items during play
- Appendix F, Advantages and Disadvantages: Lists of advantages and disadvantages that can affect bids
Our deadline for the the playtest rules is Feb. 28, 2021. If we can finish editing this month, then we’ll have a month to do everything else that we need to do, including:
- Rewrite the rules
- Write a new Player Consent and Trauma chapter
- Lay out everything
BECOMING A PLAYTESTER
Do you want to become a playtester? Just drop us a line at email@example.com, and we’ll put you on the list when the rules are finished at the end of February.
That’s about it for now. Talk to you next Friday!