Featured Image Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech
We’re still working on the Old Empire this week! Find out more below the fold.
Here’s what we want to talk about this week:
- Our first playtest
- The Old Empire
- How to become a playtester
THE OLD EMPIRE
We went a little crazy this week and got a lot done, including:
- The Old Empire’s healthcare system, including the Covenant hospital ships that serve it
- The Old Empire’s education system
- The Old Empire’s relations with noncalerre citizens
- The Old Empire’s foreign policy
- The Old Empire’s technology level
- The economic classes and social “stations” of imperial citizens
- How the Old Empire incorporates the indigenous religions of nations it conquers into the imperial cult
Hopefully, we’ll have the first draft of the Old Empire’s summary done this week, or by Monday at the latest. We’ll make all these domain summaries in Covenant available to the public when we’re done. However, patrons can read them as we finish them for the low price of $1 a month (hint hint).
OUR FIRST PLAYTEST
We started our first playtest for Covenant on Wednesday! We have three players besides the FM – a little small, but it should work out.
We got our session zero done, then finished character generation for two of the three players. We should finish up the third character during our next session (which hasn’t been scheduled yet) and they start the very first Covenant adventure ever. We’re running Welcome to Bitter Springs, which we designed to test some of the dodgier mechanics and different ways of running scenes.
BECOMING A PLAYTESTER
Have you downloaded Covenant’s playtest rules yet? Did we mention that they’re free? If not, do it now! They’re free! All we ask is that you tell us what you think about them. You can send your feedback in two ways:
That’s about it for now. Talk to you next Friday!