So, we’re trying a shorter format that we hope we can get out on a more regular basis. I hope you bear with us through our birthing pangs. For now, join Sean and Sazzy as they talk about:
- Why fascism and autocracy may be the inevitable outcome of our current politics and economics
- Why it’s still important to portray fascism and autocracy correctly in fiction
- How some works of art satirize fascists and autocrats or use them as the baddies, but still inadvertently make them look desirable
- Ways Sean and Sazzy can make the democratic Covenant look more desirable, superficially and substantively, to its fascist rivals
The articles we talked about in this episode were:
- Ernest Lund, Fascism Is a Product of Capitalism, from the pamphlet Plenty for All
- James McConnaughy, #NotMyGodEmperor: Why Are There So Many Actual Fascists in the Warhammer 40K Fandom?, from The Mary Sue
- Terrible Writing Advice, Evil Empires
Do you agree or disagree? Are you fans of the franchises we mentioned? Did we get it all wrong? Leave a comment, or let us know at email@example.com. If you don’t tell us what we did wrong, we can’t fix it.
Don’t miss the previous episode of Radio Free Covenant, Hello World!
Our announcer was the dulcet-toned voice actor Markus Phoenix. You can reach him at Markankhamen@yahoo.com.