We wrapped up the Crafting bid yesterday. Now learn how you can help your allies recover from their mistakes in Covenant. More below the fold.
One of Covenant’s central themes is that the PCs must work together in order to survive and defeat their opponents. It therefore stands to reason that helping your allies should have its own trait and bids.
First, the Assist trait.
- Assist: Providing assistance and support to allies
- Suggested Uses:
- Negative Uses: None
- Yank someone away from an exploding grenade so that it won’t hurt xir as badly
- Help someone up after xi’s knocked prone
- Grab someone to keep xir from falling while climbing
To be honest, I’m not too happy with this use of the Assist bid, and may be dropping it in favor of an ability or two later. Time and playtests will tell.
Recover: Help an ally recover from a failed bid
- To Accomplish:
- Successful Bid:
- Unsuccessful Bid:
- The character does not assist xir ally.
- The character adds 1 disadvantage to the ally’s Resistance bid or other bid to resist the effects of a failed bid.
- Suggested Traits: Assist, Defense, Perception
- Suggested Advantages:
- Suggested Disadvantages:
- The character does not have traits that are relevant to the assistance that xi is giving.
- The character is trying to assist more than one ally.
- The character is under attack.
- The ally is under attack.
That’s it for now. Talk to you tomorrow.