(Don’t forget to join us on the Radio Free Covenant Discord server or listen to the latest episode of the Radio Free Covenant podcast!)
Well, we finished the Athletics bid yesterday. Time to start work on the Agility bid. Click through for more.
Here’s the first use of the Agility bid: to dodge attacks. It can be used as a substitute for the Defense bid, especially if your character is optimized for nimbleness and dexterity.
Dodge: Avoid close, ranged, and area attacks made against your character
- To Accomplish:
- Opposed Agility bid vs. Fighting bid
- Replaces Defense bid
- Cannot be used when riding a mount or for attacks against pets or vehicles
- If Successful: The character dodges the attack and is not affected by it.
- If Unsuccessful: The character does not dodge the attack and is damaged by it.
- Suggested Traits: Athletics, Agility, Defense, Escaping, Evasion, Fighting, Movement, Perception, Tactics, Trickery
- Suggested Advantages:
- The character is faster than the attacker.
- The character has the higher ground.
- The character is under cover or can get under cover.
- Suggested Disadvantages:
- The attacker is faster than the character.
- The attacker has the higher ground.
- The character is outflanked or at some other tactical disadvantage.
- The character has injured or lost the use of xir arms or legs.
- The character’s movement is restricted.
- The character’s footing is uncertain (i.e., a narrow ledge, an icy sidewalk, etc.).
- The character is unaware of the attacker or the attack.
That’s it for now. Talk to you on Monday.