Well, we finished the Athletics bid yesterday. Time to start work on the Agility bid. Click through for more.
Here’s the first use of the Agility bid: to dodge attacks. It can be used as a substitute for the Defense bid, especially if your character is optimized for nimbleness and dexterity.
Dodge: Avoid close, ranged, and area attacks made against your character
- To Accomplish:
- Opposed Agility bid vs. Fighting bid
- Replaces Defense bid
- Cannot be used when riding a mount or for attacks against pets or vehicles
- If Successful: The character dodges the attack and is not affected by it.
- If Unsuccessful: The character does not dodge the attack and is damaged by it.
- Suggested Traits: Athletics, Agility, Defense, Escaping, Evasion, Fighting, Movement, Perception, Tactics, Trickery
- Suggested Advantages:
- The character is faster than the attacker.
- The character has the higher ground.
- The character is under cover or can get under cover.
- Suggested Disadvantages:
- The attacker is faster than the character.
- The attacker has the higher ground.
- The character is outflanked or at some other tactical disadvantage.
- The character has injured or lost the use of xir arms or legs.
- The character’s movement is restricted.
- The character’s footing is uncertain (i.e., a narrow ledge, an icy sidewalk, etc.).
- The character is unaware of the attacker or the attack.
That’s it for now. Talk to you on Monday.