(Don’t forget to join us on the Radio Free Covenant Discord server or listen to the latest episode of the Radio Free Covenant podcast!)
Players should have the option to make agile characters who can roll with the punches instead of soaking hits through sheer toughness. Find out how they do that in Covenant below the fold.
Defensive Roll: Roll with the punches, know how to fall
- To Accomplish:
- Fixed Agility bid, target equals incoming damage
- Replaces Resistance bid (physical damage only)
- The severity of the incoming damage determines where the Discipline spent on this bid goes:
- Scene Damage: Discipline spent on this bid goes into the character’s scene damage.
- Chapter Damage: Discipline spent on this bid goes into the character’s chapter damage.
- Long-Term Damage: Discipline spent on this bid goes into the character’s long-term damage.
- Cannot be used when riding a mount or piloting a vehicle
- Successful Bid: The character remains conscious.
- Unsuccessful Bid: The character is reduced to 0 free Discipline and incapacitated. The type of incapacitation depends on the type of damage taken:
- Scene Damage:
- Character is unconscious.
- Character wakes up at the end of the scene unless aided.
- Chapter or Long-Term Damage:
- Character is dying.
- Character dies at the end of the scene unless aided.
- Scene Damage:
- Suggested Traits: Athletics, Agility, Chasing, Defense, Escape, Evasion, Movement, Perception, Resistance
- Suggested Advantages:
- The character has more than two legs.
- The character has cover.
- Suggested Disadvantages:
- The terrain limits the character’s movement.
- The character is unaware of the attack or damaging effect before it hits.
- The character has injured or lost the use of xir arms or legs.
- The character’s movement is restricted (EXAMPLE: by a net, shackles, rope, handcuffs, or another character).
- The character is overburdened.
That’s it for now. Talk to you later.