(Don’t forget to tune in to the latest episode of the Radio Free Covenant podcast!)
Got a little bit more done on the bids appendix today. Click through for more.
Not much to say about today’s writing, except I am proud of all the nonlethal options (that a clever player can turn into lethal options) for Covenant’s characters. Here’s what I wrote today.
Pushing: Pushing an inanimate object or another character
- To Accomplish:
- Push Inanimate Object: Fixed Athletics bid, set by FM
- Push Character: Opposed Athletics bid vs. Athletics or Movement. The attacker may need to land an unarmed attack on the defender first.
- If Successful:
- The object or defender is pushed where the attacker wants (maximum distance of 1 adjacent area).
- The object or defender is prevented from moving or entering an area.
- If Unsuccessful:
- The attacker does not move. Nor is the object or defender.
- The attacker is pushed where the defender wants (maximum distance of 1 adjacent area).
- Suggested Traits: Athletics, Movement
- Suggested Advantages:
- The character is larger than xir opponent.
- The character has more than two hands and feet (or four paws).
- The character is rooted or otherwise connected to the ground.
- The character has set xirself to push or resist a push.
- The character is fat, heavyset, or dense.
- The character is motorized or has cybernetic limbs.
- Suggested Disadvantages:
- The character is smaller than xir opponent.
- The character has injured or lost the use of xir arms or legs.
That’s it for today. Talk to you tomorrow.